03-15-2016 07:56 PM
33 12
tools Reply
    This started to happen just a few days ago when I was downloading some music from an app when I went to go in my music player I usually see it in my recently downloaded playlist but it wasnt there. At first I didnt find it to be unusual because sometimes my phone doesnt support that file, but it wasnt there at all. So I tried to download the same song on a different app but it didnt show up either, so I tried another app (and this one displays when its downloaded at the top of my screen) and when I clicked on it HTMLViewer poped up with the words naf-naf. I have no idea what this means and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall my apps but it keeps happening and I'm not sure how to fix it.
    02-10-2015 10:09 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which app are you using to download music? Are you sure the music is downloading as an actual mp3 or other music file?
    02-11-2015 12:40 AM
    I have the note 3 and the apps I'm using MusicLab and something called music download, I checked on my files and it says that it can't support the music file. The thing thats weird though is that these apps were working fine just a few days ago
    02-11-2015 12:33 PM
    I am having the exact same issue. Just started a week ago. I camt find anything on how to fix it
    02-11-2015 04:19 PM
    Im having the exact same problem! Music lab puts downloads into html viewer instead of recently added, it Just started today after I deleted a few things PLEASE HELP its depressing lol
    02-11-2015 10:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have, and which app are you using to download music? Are you sure the music is downloading as an actual mp3 or other music file?
    02-13-2015 01:00 AM
    I have a LG - LS720 and yes im positive
    Its going downloading as a mp3 file it downloads and when it opens it just says NAF NAF in the html viewer im using an app called music box
    02-13-2015 01:03 AM
    Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences. Now try opening the mp3 file again, and see if it gives you the option to select a different app to open it.
    02-13-2015 01:53 AM
    Tried resetting app preferences still doesnt work
    02-13-2015 02:19 PM
    Has anyone been able to figure this out? I have a Galaxy S5, and noticed this happening to my music downloads a couple weeks ago. But figured I did something wrong. I have been using multiple music download apps and multiple players, but nothing works. Plus, the files that I have downloaded don't work, even if I download them to a different device (laptop, etc.). What the hell is Naf-naf?
    02-14-2015 11:55 AM
    All my other music apps don't work except for GTunes music Download
    02-14-2015 11:15 PM
    I know someone knows the answer but I'm having the same problem.its pretty stupid.i don't know how to fix it so I'm just gonna buy some CDs and download them onto my phone
    02-15-2015 10:26 AM
    No one knows how to fix this yet? come on android central! Get it together.
    02-15-2015 06:40 PM
    I realize you're probably being facetious, but in case you're serious, just be aware that we aren't an official tech support site. The Ambassadors and Moderators on this site are all volunteers, with other jobs and lives. We try to answer what we can, but sometimes we just don't have an answer. Sorry!
    belodion and Golfdriver97 like this.
    02-16-2015 01:42 AM
    B. Diddy is right. Speaking for myself, I have no idea at all for a fix. Noooooo idea at all. But a SIMPLE Google search revealed that NAF may stand for Not Accessibility Friendly.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-16-2015 05:42 AM
    No one knows how to fix this yet? come on android central! Get it together.
    I tried to download the two mentioned apps. Music Paradise would not download anything on my N5. Just kept getting a download failed message. MusicLab required another file to be downloaded (something I already didn't trust) and the download failed in both Chrome and ES Downloader. Since these are fresh installs for me on a different device from what is mentioned, it is either an error in the app, or an issue with the servers. Either way, it's not really anything the end user can do.

Also, please note B. Diddy's reply:

I realize you're probably being facetious, but in case you're serious, just be aware that we aren't an official tech support site. The Ambassadors and Moderators on this site are all volunteers, with other jobs and lives. We try to answer what we can, but sometimes we just don't have an answer. Sorry!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-16-2015 09:27 AM
    So lately I have been trying to download some songs using and app I have always been using and it has always worked with out any problems.....however today I tried to download songs and they did download however when I tried to open them in my downloads a white page opent on html viwewe written naf-naf.....what does it mean and how can I fix this? Please help....it's really frustrating...
    02-17-2015 05:26 AM
    So lately I have been trying to download some songs using and app I have always been using and it has always worked with out any problems.....however today I tried to download songs and they did download however when I tried to open them in my downloads a white page opent on html viwewe written naf-naf.....what does it mean and how can I fix this? Please help....it's really frustrating...
    Welcome to Android Central.
    So far, no one knows of a fix yet. Sorry.
    02-17-2015 08:21 AM
    I had the same problem, I use a different music player than the stock Google Play Music, so I had it disabled. I enabled it once again, and the mp3s started working. Hope this helps for you. To enable it, go to application manager under the disabled column, find Google Play Music and enable it. Cheers
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-19-2015 08:33 AM
    I turned off Google music and turned it back on with no results, I did however download an app called 'Mp3 Music Idrisyou' and you can download songs right on the app and it also has a music player with all your music on it and you don't need data to run the app and listen to music, just to download... the only cons I found were that it downloads kind of slow, not unbearably slow though, the average song maybe takes 30 seconds to a minute and a lot you can't make playlists although you can 'Favorite' songs and listen to just them so it's kind of a playlist, but you can only have one... hopefully this helps anyone else to kind of patch up the problem!
    02-19-2015 01:02 PM
    I'm having the same problems as everyone else. I read all of the comments and I went into systems >apps. Then I forced stopped my music apps. Went back into the apps and it worked!!! Hopefully this will work for others. Good luck everyone. ~VFoxx
    02-19-2015 05:56 PM
    Try Uninstalling your current music app and download itube pro, this worked for me on my gs4
    02-22-2015 06:06 PM
    I am having the exact same problem with the exact same music app I've used this app for ages now and about 2 weeks ago i went to download a song and it opened in HTMLViewer and came up as naf-naf aswell. Its so frustrating ive changed my settings to default and it does not ask me which file i want it saved in but it still says it is being saved into my music folder than when i tap on it to open it, it just goes into that stupid HTMLViewer...
    03-03-2015 02:08 AM
    I have to ask what the file types of the files being loaded into HTMLviewer are. If they're something.mp3 files (in the file name, not in what the site said you were downloading), there's a problem. If they're something.htm or something.html, what you downloaded was a web page, not the music it claimed to be, so it's going to open in whatever the default app for htm or html files is. (The available apps are based on the file type in the name of the file, not on the content of the file. Whether that app can actually do something with the file depends on what's in it, not its name.

But naf-naf? That sounds like rickrolling with audio.
    03-03-2015 11:46 PM
    I have a nexus 5 and I'm having the same issue. I originally thought it was due to space on my phone so I deleted some music and then I realized the player was broken and now I have few songs on my phone. It says naf- naf. Is there any fix for it cus it wud be very nice if there were :3
    03-04-2015 05:55 AM
33 12