The screen is black except for a picture of an android and the words "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" what does that mean? and on the top left corner there's my phone information. The background story is that my phone got a virus and I tried factory resetting my phone by up volume, power and home button, but that didn't work. So I tried down volume, power and home button and that led me to another sign that said I had to download some OS thing and ever since than my phone is stuck to "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"
    02-11-2015 02:32 AM
    Remove the battery for 15min or longer then try again. To get into Recovery on Samsungs, using the hard buttons rather than from Settings, press Volume Up, Power, and Home, simultaneously.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-11-2015 06:55 AM
    Or you can just hold the power button until the phone restarts. The "Do not turn off target" applies once you've started the phone downloading something. At the point you're at, you can turn it off.

You don't remove a virus from recovery anyway. Install an anti-virus app to do that. (And you can do a factory reset from the Settings menu.)
    02-11-2015 10:58 AM