Why aren't my notifications on my Moto X Gen 2 displaying?

A

AC Question

Moto X Gen 2 Notifications Not Displaying

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me, because Motorola has been clueless on this. I have a Moto X Gen 2 and when I receive a notification, it shows up on the Active Display as expected. But after exactly 10 minutes, the notification stops pulsing. This means that I have to constantly check my phone to see if there are any notifications.

For example, if I leave the room and then a call comes in, I will get a notification about the call and voicemail. But if I don't look at the phone within 10 minutes of missing the call, when I come back the display is no longer displaying anything and I won't know that I missed the call. There are no settings in Settings > Moto > Display that affect the timeout and the phone does the exact same thing in Safe Mode. It happens with all notifications: texts, calls, voicemails, and hangouts.

I can't keep a phone that doesn't let me know if I missed something, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to return it and go back to my ancient Defy XT (which as you can imagine, is not my ideal solution).

Jeremy Figgins

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I've tried clearing the cache, Safe Mode, two Factory Resets, and still have the problem. Motorola suggested:

"go to the Menu of the phone then to "Moto" then to "Actions" and then to "Display" turn the active display off, reset the phone (by pressing and holding the power key for 3 - 4 minutes) then turn the display on again"

I tried that, but it didn't help either. I'm waiting on both Motorola's and Republic Wireless' support teams for additional things to try. I'll post back if I find a solution.