How do i root my android for complete beginners?

A

AC Question

I have a Xaomi Redmi Note and i would like to root it. I am new to android phones. I have watched youtube videos and i have tried to research how to do it. Unfortunately many of the videos began with using the updater app, which isn't on my phone. I have tried to follow advice but it tends to be too technical and links to other pages which are also too technical.

I have a USB cable. I have android file transfer on my MacBook and framaroot does not work.

It would be greatly, and i mean greatly, appreciated if someone could explain in layman's terms how to root the device.

My phone's model number is HM Note1LTEW and the android version is 4.4.2.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in Settings/General/About device/Kernel. If the date is earlier than June 3, 2014, use Towel Root. It's an app you install, then run. There's one button, labeled "Make it rain". Tap that button and wait until it's done. The phone is rooted.

If the date is after June 2, 2014, Try iRoot. It's a program you run on a Windows computer that you connect the phone to.

(To root a phone, whatever is doing the rooting has to obtain temporary root, because what needs to be done to root the phone can only be done while rooted. Google doesn't want us to root our phones [neither do the manufacturers - as far as I know, only HTC doesn't void the warranty if you root the phone] so they find whatever 'bug' allows a particular method to achieve root and patch it to stop it from working. The exploit that Towel Root used was patched on June 3, 2014. The one iRoot used was patched sometime later. If there's no exploit that has been found for a particular version of Android, there's no way to root that version until one is found.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz