I would really appreciate hearing from others who learned this the hard way.

I purchased a Moto X 2nd Gen and was assured by Moto X via chat that the phone would work in Europe so long as my provider, T-Mobile, provided access thru its partners. T-Mobile does, of course, have European coverage thru itself as well as thru many partners but I just learned thru Moto X tech support that Moto X 2nd Gen is intended for U.S. use ONLY.

It is unconscionable that I would have to find out about the absurd limits of this phone only after I was in Europe on business. I have scoured the Moto X website and tech forum and there is no mention of U.S. only on the Moto X site and contrarian information on the tech forum site - in fact, consumers would naturally assume the phone is compatible with any of their network providers capabilities and offerings.

And be aware, this is not a locked versus unlocked phone issue. This limitation applies to all Moto X 2G phones, regardless of your carrier.

Again, I would really appreciate hearing from others who learned this the hard way.
    02-11-2015 02:28 PM
    Are you a UK member? If so, does the device work in the UK, or are you saying that that country, as a part of Europe, is also no-go?

Edit: I may have misunderstood you. I was thinking UK because T-Mobile is a UK network, but of course it's also a US one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-12-2015 06:35 AM