motorola atrix wil not power up modem

A

AC Question

moto atrix will shut itself off then turn back on saying that the modem would not start up then it says something about starting RSD protocol support , seems to keep doing this everytime I start it up What do I do ?

maddog_22

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Re: motorola atrix wil not power up modem - TIPS

Hi there.

I'm responding to an older post but I have this phone and use it as my 'alarm clock'.

I have similar issues. Basically, if I try to power on the phone any more, it will not start properly. I need to start it up in some boot mode for it to work.

If I simply plug in and don't go to an alternate boot, I will get an error message such as this:

Modem did not power up (0)
Starting RSD protocol support
Battery is too low to flash

So essentially, the battery is too low and you can't charge it unless you do this:

1) Pull out the battery and keep it out
+2) Plug in the charger and as soon as you see a logo on the screen press the down volume button...keep hitting this until you see BP HW Diag & Boot AP
3) Press the up volume button
4) You will see a question mark on your battery - the phone can't find it
5) Plug in your battery now
6) Leave it plugged in for a good period of time until the battery level is either full or at least 20%
7) The LED light will be RED when the battery is super low, but should turn to orange or green when it's ready to be turned on again
8) When you see the phone has some juice press power and wait for a logo screen and immediately press down volume again until you see BP HW Diag & Boot AP
9) Press the up volume button
You should see...
Starting USB3 Hardware Bypass mode
Cold Booting Linux
10) This should start the phone eventually normally.

Please note: this may require a few trials/errors and the order of steps is not exact.

Recommendations: never let the phone completely discharge...charge when it is at or below 15%

I hope this helps anyone who has had issues with this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay