i own a samsung galaxy S3 model SGH-1747M, Android Version 4.4.2, my car could pair and download all messages, read them aloud and allow me to respond and create new text messages. i now get a message on the car system that messaging is no longer available. What has changed? I do not tinker with my phone settings.
    02-11-2015 09:26 PM
    i own a samsung galaxy S3 model SGH-1747M, Android Version 4.4.2, my car could pair and download all messages, read them aloud and allow me to respond and create new text messages. i now get a message on the car system that messaging is no longer available. What has changed? I do not tinker with my phone settings.
    Was there a feature disabled on the car? What about an update to the phone or car radio system?
    02-11-2015 11:27 PM
    2015 Toyota Corolla .. it was not in the shop for a service technician to change any settings. There are no settings in the cars audio interface for a user to be able to make any changes that would affect sending and having incoming messages read aloud. It did happen there was an android update around that time. We couldn't narrow down the exact day when this feature stopped working but we surmised the timing of the Android update could have been the reason as it was the only item within the couple of days time frame where we noticed the feature stopped working . We were told there are only a few phones which work with the car, my S3 is one that will, which it did for a while. This is the oddest issue. we have tried 3rd party software that will read messages through the car and we can utilize the voice feature of the S3 to sent a txt but this is very cumbersome. Any ideas ?
    05-23-2015 08:52 PM