Can I get some help with a few problems I am having with my GT-S5839i since I did a firmware update?

A

AC Question

problems with GT-S5839i since firmware update

I carried out a firmware update yesterday and since then I have the following problems:

a. I now have no service from sim, other than emergency calls only.
b, Bluetooth is now greyed out, so I cannot turn it on.
c. The phone is now slow and takes about 2 seconds to respond to any app I try to.
d. I tried the sim in another phone but still no service.

I have connected mobile to Kies and this tells me I have the latest firmware. I have also checked and confirmed that the phone is still unlocked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: problems with GT-S5839i since firmware update

Welcome to Android Central! Was this an official system update over-the-air, or did you manually install an update file? If you manually installed it, was it directly from Samsung, and was it for your exact phone model?

graham carpenter

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
OK, thank you, and that will overcome the problem with the sim. However, something must still be
very wrong with the phone because since the firmware update bluetooth is greyed out, the phone is now very slow to respond, and with no wifi on, and not using the phone for anything else the battery is now completely draining in about 20 hours

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's probably worthwhile going to your carrier's store and showing them in person what their update did to your phone. Ask them what they can do to solve it, since it was their update that caused the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech