Why does my Android 5.0 keep loosing it's wireless signal?

A

AC Question

Android 5.0 wireless issues

Hello
I have Samsung Galaxy S5
Recently I updated to Android 5.0
After the update my device startd loosing wireless connection
For example, when I enter my office or even at home(I connect automaticaly to both wireless SSID's) I can see that the device is connected and after a few minutes there is no signal, nothing. Then the S5 switch to mobile data, and then again to the wireless SSID. And thisi is constantly. I tried to resset the S5 but it did not help.
Please help me!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 wireless issues

Hello
I have Samsung Galaxy S5
For example, when I enter my office or even at home(I connect automaticaly to both wireless SSID's) I can see that the device is connected and after a few minutes there is no signal, nothing. Then the S5 switch to mobile data, and then again to the wireless SSID. And thisi is constantly. I tried to resset the S5 but it did not help.
Please help me!
Have you tried resetting the wireless router you are connected to? Give that a try and see if it helps. Otherwise, take a look at the suggestions provided by Jerry in his blog post: Android 5.0 Lollipop bugs got you down? Here's how you (might be able to) fix them | Android Central.

Let us know how it goes.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 wireless issues

Hello
I have Samsung Galaxy S5
Please help me!

The update may have messed with your settings.

Go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi. Make sure that "Smart Network Switch is NOT checked. It can cause frequent switching between wi-fi and mobile data.*

You might also want to go in to wi-fi Advanced settings and make sure "Always Allow Scanning" is not checked. Otherwise, your device will always be scanning for wi-fi networks, even when wi-fi is turned off.

Once you have fixed your settings, you might try removing the battery for a couple of minutes, too.

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci