Hello, hopefully this is the right forum. I have a new Moto x (2014) phone with Android 4.4 and so far I am enjoying it. However one problem I am having is locking it.
    My previous phone was a cheaper "Impulse 4G" with Android 2.2.2. On that phone it was pretty simple, you press the power button, then slide the lock icon and that was it. Your phone was locked. Here it seems different...

I press the power button and the screen goes black. I wave my hand over it and I see the current time and the "lock" icon. Which I would assume means the screen is locked. However if I actually press on that lock icon and drag it down to the unlock icon that appears then the screen unlocks and all the features of the phone are open. Or if I simply press the power button again the screen unlocks.
    So first I am not sure if I have my phone setup right in regards to locking. Maybe I just have not set something up right.

What I am trying to get is functionality similar to what I had on my old phone, if I press the power button, the screen locks and if I touch the power button or screen again, it prompts you for some type of verification before the screen unlocks. How do I achieve this?
    02-12-2015 10:34 AM
    Welcome.
    In Settings, go into the "Security" section.
    There should be options under "Screen lock" to choose swipe, code, pattern, etc.

Mav.
    02-12-2015 10:46 AM