Hello, I have a question about my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It will not hold a charge, and I have tried everything (expect for resetting it to factory default). I had the battery replaced, and it still won't hold a charge. Is it something wrong with my battery or my tablet. My charger isn't the problem either, because I have used different charging cables/bricks.
    02-12-2015 06:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say that it won't hold a charge, do you mean that it just doesn't charge up at all, or that it charges up, then the battery drops quickly?
    02-12-2015 06:57 PM
    Yes, it doesn't charge at all even though that it says that it is. The battery will stay on the same percentage no matter how long it is on the charger.
    02-13-2015 09:15 AM
    But does it die quickly, or behave as normal. It may just need a calibration, 100% to around 10% (I'd say 1% ) three times, so it shows the correct percentage.
    It more likely will be a battery, or a device issue. Try the GSam battery app, and set it to display from unplugged rather than full. Run the battery from the full percentage to very low, and see what GSam says.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-13-2015 11:47 AM
    Turn it off, then leave the charger pougged overnight. Did it charge? If not, it's probably a hardware failure in the tab. If it did, but it doesn't when it's turned on, some app or hardware is drawing so much current that there's nothing left to charge the battery.

It really needs to be put on a bench for analysis. All we can do here is make more or less educated guesses.

@Madd:
    Battery calibration calibrates the file that keeps track of the percentages the apps use. It has nothing to do with how much current is used or with charging.
    02-14-2015 09:20 PM