How do I clean the memory on my Android device?

A

AC Question

how do i clean the memory on my android device

I have a tracfone android device. I think I have downloaded some trash because the phone apps are not shutting down immediately and the phone also seems to stutter when I am trying to play my games on it. I have noticed that there are buttons to clear data on many of the apps, what happens if I hit the clear data button on each app. Also it says I have only like 175 mega bytes of memory left and have used 454 mega bytes of memory, How can I free up some more memory? Also I have a 4 gig chip in the phone and cannot transfer pictures to it so how can I transfer pictures from the internal memory to the sd chip?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: how do i clean the memory on my android device

Welcome to Android Central! In general, trying to clear RAM is counterproductive with Android, because Android prefers to have RAM relatively full of open apps. This makes opening and switching apps more efficient. See these articles:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/380592-guide-ram-android.html
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

The stuttering may be more related to the phone's small amount of RAM, as well as underpowered processor. Is the memory you're referring to the RAM or the Internal Storage? The lower the RAM that the phone comes with, the fewer apps can be actively open, which means more sluggish performance when you're switching from one app to another. It can also impact the performance of larger apps. If it's your Internal Storage, then low amounts of Internal Storage can impact how many total apps you can install on your phone. Budget entry-level phones (which are common with TracFone) always come with very little of either, so those phones will always be pretty limited from a performance standpoint. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

To copy a photo from Internal Storage to the SD card, use a file manager app like ES File Explorer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21