I have more Apps (programmes) on my pc but nothing like these constant Android app updates to these programmes. Are Android apps poorly designed or is there some other reason for this?
    02-14-2015 01:11 AM
    I have more Apps (programmes) on my pc but nothing like these constant Android app updates to these programmes. Are Android apps poorly designed or is there some other reason for this?
    App updates are a good thing. There are constant features being added and fixes to address bugs that pop-up from app version to app version. Also, keep in mind that a particular update may only affect a couple of devices and not all. So be sure to read through the update log to see whats happening before you update.
    02-14-2015 11:54 AM
    Also remember - most Windows programs are written by large programming teams that plan out a program for a long time, then spend another long time writing the program. If there's an update, it takes a long time to plan it and a long time to write it.

A lot of Android apps are written by individuals, who dash off an app, then get requests for this or that change or addition and do it quickly then send out an update. The next day someone asks for something else, and there's another update in a few days. (If you wrote programs, you'd understand that there's always something to add or change - no one is ever satisfied with a program, not even the person who wrote it. If it's just a 9-5 job, you don't care about the program, you care about writing the code you're told to write.)

Nothing says you have to take an update. If it adds something you never use, or fixes a bug in another phone, don't bother. (You have to turn off Play Store updates and updates for all the apps to be able to manually update what and when you want. If the app does what you want, run it for years.)
    anon8380037 likes this.
    02-14-2015 08:58 PM
    Thanks for your help with this.
    Ron
    02-15-2015 07:16 AM