Why is my device almost full?

A

AC Question

I have S5 and my device is full. The only thing I see is other.
Images, music, other things are minimal amount.
I would post a link about screenshot but won t let me
Please see a screenshot here
.v8forum.club/uploaded_images/2015/02/wpu8m2re5nrbsxvh5op643907e0bmgwksogedp5puoibj6.png

How I can get rid of it?
I need to install lollipop nad I have no place.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It'll be downloaded apps, music / video / photos.

Some people seems to be completely unaware of how much space 1080p video uses so I'd check that for sure. Also, if you have music streaming service apps like Spotify or Google Play Music installed and have offline copies of albums downloaded.

System Settings\Storage\Apps should offer an option to sort apps by space used so you can see at a glance which apps are using the most space.

Tap on Storage then Apps then the three dot menu button and select 'Sort by size'.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7041.jpg
    7041.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 15

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Clean Master assumes that the phone is running Windows - it defeats the entire design of Android. DON'T USE IT! You can clear the system cache in the Storage section of Settings. No app can determine which temporary files should be deleted and which shouldn't, only you can. A temporary file that you want for another couple of weeks isn't one you want an app deleting. A .txt file that you don't need should be deleted, but an app won't.

Also try Low on Space? Dump logcat.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Clean Master assumes that the phone is running Windows - it defeats the entire design of Android. DON'T USE IT! You can clear the system cache in the Storage section of Settings. No app can determine which temporary files should be deleted and which shouldn't, only you can. A temporary file that you want for another couple of weeks isn't one you want an app deleting. A .txt file that you don't need should be deleted, but an app won't.

So is it OK to dump logcat files at any time. That was an eye opener when you mentioned it some weeks ago

and is that service code accessible by carrier phones as well?

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site

What do you base this on? Can you provide me a link.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Clean Master and all its associated apps cause many issues on these forums. A site ambassador with a 50 year software career has explained this very well in the past. At best it's unnecessary and a weight on your device, as you can clear cache and isolate apps with Android itself.

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Clean Master and all its associated apps cause many issues on these forums. A site ambassador with a 50 year software career has explained this very well in the past. At best it's unnecessary and a weight on your device, as you can clear cache and isolate apps with Android itself.

Interesting, I've never suffered issues.

What you're saying doesn't make much sense to me as if the app were designed for Windows it simply wouldn't work on Android (which uses a linux FAT such as ext4).

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Also, a 50 year software veteran?

What was he programming in and for in 1965?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Also, a 50 year software veteran?

What was he programming in and for in 1965?

No. 30 months with 2 Android devices, 13 months on these forums. Still don't know much.

This is the probably something like the Storage display for 'Other' the OP was referring to. Video is already accounted for:
c135c7985b57a2d8b0948dd488f6e4ae.jpg

Clean Master I have tried a few times. Battery Doctor also.

Clean Master, in my opinion, appeases those worried about slower devices and come from a history of Windows. Sure it's passed by Google so it is virally harmless.

Rukbat I think was warning the OP, not criticizing you.

This is what Clean Master claims to do:
4281b8145dd22ce0d651e3c213edf9de.jpg

leegreg81

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No. 30 months with 2 Android devices, 13 months on these forums. Still don't know much.

This is the probably something like the Storage display for 'Other' the OP was referring to. Video is already accounted for:
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/14/c135c7985b57a2d8b0948dd488f6e4ae.jpg

Clean Master I have tried a few times. Battery Doctor also.

Clean Master, in my opinion, appeases those worried about slower devices and come from a history of Windows. Sure it's passed by Google so it is virally harmless.

Rukbat I think was warning the OP, not criticizing you.

This is what Clean Master claims to do:
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/14/4281b8145dd22ce0d651e3c213edf9de.jpg

I only really use it for cleaning unwanted data, the rest of its functions are pretty irrelevant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey