Hey all

I am having an absolute mare particularly with Ultimate Guitar tabs that I would like to download and use on my phone.

I know I can use a pc to Download the .GP file and then email it to myself but that's just a PITA.

when I attempt to download a tab from the Ultimate Guitar archive (one that is not on any other site) it keeps trying to force the ultimate guitar app down my throat. I installed it out of curiosity for around 3 quid, and you have to pay another 10 quid if you want the prove ledge of downloading a GP file.

I have an app that plays .GP files but it's archive is limited and doesn't find half the stuff I search for.

If anyone has found a solution it would be awesome to know! Thanks
    02-14-2015 03:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that the Ultimate Guitar archive requires payment? If so, then we can't help you get around that.
    02-15-2015 01:42 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

Actually all guitar pro files are completely free when using a computer.

Multiple sites including Ultimate Guitar have hundreds of thousands of guitar pro files for free download. you dont even need to register with any of the sites. They are just like downloading a google image.

Untimate guitar website have some guitar pro files that aren't on other sites, which is fine. I can download them on to my PC absolutely fine and email it to myself in order to open on my phone. However if I go via the Ultimate guitar mobile site they want me to pay a ridiculous sum to be able to download their software which is primarily a guitar teaching program (not what I need)

There must be another way around it - not piracy, but some other means to simply get the guitar pro files.

Anyway, I guess this isn't the right place to ask lol.
    02-15-2015 04:16 AM
    No, it's fine--I just wasn't familiar with the site.

Try this--when you go to the Ultimate Guitar website on your mobile browser, tap the Menu button and tap Request Desktop Site. This should force the browser to use the desktop version of the site, not the mobile site. Hopefully this will make it behave like it does on your PC.
    02-15-2015 10:22 AM