What i have noticed is that when one of my friends sends me a picture on facebook messenger that picture is automatically saved into my album on my phone. Can i disable this? Because my photo album on my phone is full of the pictures people sent me on facebook messenger that i never even physically saved to my phone and as a result my album on my phone is full of pictures that my friends have sent me and i dont want. Please help!
    02-15-2015 12:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! They are probably cached image files. Apps often cache an image for easy retrieval later. A good app developer will make sure a file called ".nomedia" is in the directory where all of those cached images reside, because that instructs the system to ignore the directory when looking for images to put in the Gallery. You might be able to get rid of them easily by going to Settings>Apps, selecting Facebook (or Facebook Messenger), and Clearing Cache.
    02-15-2015 12:59 AM
    This is an option in the app. Open messenger top right corner is the settings and in it you will find "automatically save photos to gallery" untick the box and relax.

It's a ridiculous option but it's there.
    profq1123 likes this.
    04-01-2015 10:04 PM