What will happen if I don't return my damaged phone to Asurion?

A

AC Question

what will happen if i don't return my damaged phone to asurion?

okay i have been with at&t 8 yrs. but my bill is $1400. can't pay. also i just filed an insurance claim with asurion. i will be getting a new samsung galaxy 5. the new galaxy i would like to sell on craigslist. and i would like to keep the damaged one. it just has a small crack in the glass screen. my service with at&t will soon be turned off. i could atleast use the damaged player for playing music. what action will asurion take. could i contact them and tell them what i did. and if i sell the new one can asurion mess that one up. i figure i have the following options: i can return the damaged phone. and sell the new one. or keep if i dont get what i want. i could sell the new one and keep the damaged one. when asurion contacts me they need the damaged one. i'll return it. i think another option is to tell asurion i would like to keep. but i think the best thing to do is do exactly what i am suppose to do. i should return the damaged phone to asurion. and tell at&t i plan on selling the phone. i could tell the person i sell the new one to we can make sure it activates okay. i really hate to have to start another music player. i like to ride my motorcycle listening to music. i like to do playlists. i'm sure asurion will want the old phone. but i could ask them. please give me your suggestions

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: what will happen if i don't return my damaged phone to asurion?

Be completely honest with all concerned about what you wish to do. Simple. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Be honest and return the damaged phone to Asurion, or they will charge you a couple hundred dollars as a penalty.

HOWEVER, if you owe $1400 to AT&T they can blacklist your new replacement phone if you default on your bill. I am not sure if it matters if you are still under contract or not.

If they blacklist the new S5 you are selling, it could screw the person that is buying it.
Once you get the replacement S5, do you have any other cheap phone that you could put on the line instead?

It is very likely that AT&T will blacklist whatever phone you have on your line at the time you default on the bill.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Asurion have been kind enough to respond to queries here and have been very generous and helpful to posters.
I don't fully understand the issues but I would play it straight. At the moment you are anonymous here.

vanhalen515067

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

i will return the damaged phone. but will first see if the new phone will sell. i already put up an ad i will be getting a new one tuesday or weednesday. I want $325 and will not negotiate. i gave full details of what is going on. also i will let at&t know i sold it. i think what the person should do is activate it at a store or do straight talk at walmart. they should be cutting off my service soon. so i think i should wait till they cut the damaged phone off before i send it back. just weight. the bill is past due. so i'll wait till phone service is cut off then act

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma