Hello,

I bought a Nexus 5 a year ago and it has been running fine. After the lollipop update, my phone has started crashing. Even the phone has enough battery, if I run any app for like 5 minutes(happens for any app, no particular app I could isolate), the phone just crashes to a black screen. When I start it again, the battery has suddenly gone to zero from its initial healthy number (e.g. 40%) and phone shuts down again (sometimes even at the loading stage after the "google" display on starting). But if I charge my phone even for a second after it crashes and then restart it, then battery shows up as 40% (or whatever it was pre-crash) again. But then the phone crashes again after I use it. If I don't run any apps, then the phone does not crash.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem ?? Please help because now I can't use my phone even for 5 minutes without giving it a charger jumpstart !

Note: The phone never crashes when it is plugged to a charger no matter how many apps I use. It only crashes if its unplugged.
    02-15-2015 06:19 PM
    The update and the battery problem may be no more than coincidental. From your description it sounds like the battery needs replacing.

However, following the update, a Cache Partition wipe, and also clearing the app cached data in Settings, Storage, Cached Data, wouldn't do any harm.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-15-2015 06:26 PM