How to rearrange the order of photos in the albums?

A

AC Question

I'm used to the apple/iphone layout. If you're on an album, you can just click select and rearrange the order of the photos. I don't want to order it from the date taken or whatever. I just like to put related photos next to each other, whether they were taken months apart or not.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! As Rukbat suggested last year in this thread, you'd have to search for a 3rd party Gallery app that might let you rearrange the photos. The stock Gallery app or the Google Photos app won't let you rearrange.

Patrizia27

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I figured out how to do it on my Galaxy Tab A.

1) click on "My Files" on the main screen with all the icons
2) Select the device or SD storage where the photo album is saved to
3) Select the photo album that contains the photos you want to rearrange
4) Press and hold the picture you want to start with and a box will appear (showing you selected that photo)
5) Select "MORE" in the upper right corner
6) Select "Rename" - this is where you can label the photos individually, one at a time, in the order you want them 1-10 (65, 100, etc)
7) Back completely out of "My Files" when done renaming photos

Voile - your photos are now arranged in the order you want them.No need to download any unneeded apps wasting space on your tablet.

I hope this is helpful to you. I had risque photos that I didn't want showing as rhe album cover photo and had to arrange another photo in it's place lol.

Patrizia27

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
I figured out how to do it on my Galaxy Tab A.

1) click on "My Files" on the main screen with all the icons
2) Select the device or SD storage where the photo album is saved to
3) Select the photo album that contains the photos you want to rearrange
4) Press and hold the picture you want to start with and a box will appear (showing you selected that photo)
5) Select "MORE" in the upper right corner
6) Select "Rename" - this is where you can label the photos individually, one at a time, in the order you want them 1-10 (65, 100, etc)
7) Back completely out of "My Files" when done renaming photos

Voile - your photos are now arranged in the order you want them.No need to download any unneeded apps wasting space on your tablet.

I hope this is helpful to you. I had risque photos that I didn't want showing as rhe album cover photo and had to arrange another photo in it's place lol.

BillD1382

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
With a Samsung S7 (SM-G930V), working within the Gallery, I discovered that I could select "details" and then "Edit" and then change the Title to something sequential like 001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc.

It's a time-consuming :mad: workaround, but it seems to work.