When my phone connects to my in car blue tooth the radio display shows it is attempting to make a call to a private number and locks my radio, I cannot hang up/terminate the call or select any of the radio's other inputs. The only way I can stop it is to turn Viber off on my phone.
    The phone is a Galaxy S4 GT i9505 running android 4.4.2
    02-15-2015 08:39 PM
    What is the Radio Display here? Do you mean the screen of your in car bluetooth display? What do you mean by turning off viber, do you mean uninstall it ?

Is it possible for you to take the bluetooth snoop logs? If you have enabled developers option in your phone, then you can enable the BT Snoop Logs as well and share the log file here, this will tell about what commands has your car bluetooth sent to your phone on the Bluetooth link.
    02-16-2015 12:54 AM
    I'd try to explain this error, because I have similar one. Viber leaves bluetooth channel open after the call ends, telling in-car head unit system it's call in progress. For instance, if I had a conversation on Viber, not necessarily via bluetooth headset, but via regular android phone, then I end the call and sit in my car starting the ignition, head unit lights up but radio doesn't play, cause it tells there's call in progress and bluetooth handsfree channel is active and counts call time. Worst part, you can't end this "fake call" from car's control buttons, the only way is to get the phone out and call somebody by Viber, or just exit Viber application. I managed to log my phone's bluetooth activity and if somebody here is skillful enough to find the cause in it, shame to Viber. I cut out my phonebook entries exchange from the file for privacy reasons.
    Attached Files
    03-19-2015 10:10 AM
    I guess your explanation about the possible cause sounds plausible. I can't confirm that though as your captured log file doesn't open with capture file viewer, perhaps because you trimmed the phonebook entries and that causes the parser application to misinterpret it.

During a bluetooth audio establishment there are a sequence of AT commands exchanged between the carkit and your phone (AG - Audio Gateway for short). An AG has to send proper AT commands for indicating a call-ended situation. The normal call-manager feature of the phone's software normally well-tested and have been verified to be working against a number of car bluetooth systems. The viber is in someway not allowing it to happen. The above logs could have confirmed it.

I have viber on my phone and 4.4.2, I will try to replicate this behaviour on my phone. Can you in the meanwhile try to send the logs that work?

I m not sure how you removed the phonebook enteries, can you replace those removed entries with some dummy numbers/email ids of same length?

cheers
    03-21-2015 11:22 PM