So I've been having a little problem with the battery life on my G3. It seems as though on standby it's a tactical mastermind - it lasts ages. In fact the other day I managed to get 3 and a half hours of battery with about 20 minutes of on screen time, whilst the phone remained on 100%!
    However the problem occurs when I start to use the phone. It seems to plummet the moment I start using it. I don't use my phone typically heavily, I use it for the standard things such as social networking, occasional youtube videos, music, texting, browsing etc. I still haven't managed to reach the 4 hour mark of on screen time before my battery runs out. I hardly ever have Bluetooth, NFC, or location on, and when I'm out I always turn Wi-Fi off, yet the problem remains the same. I have my brightness level set to about 30% - 50%. I average about 2-3 hours of on screen time with my LG G3. I use cleaner apps and ram boosters frequently to ensure maximum capacity of the entire phone (performance, battery etc). I've done enough research to know that it should last longer than that, especially with hardly any major functions turned on. Is this a manufacturers fault? How can I prevent this battery drain?
    Thanks!
    02-15-2015 08:45 PM
    It is deeper than what you think, first you would have to root it.
    Then you have to get the right apps to customize the phone the way you want it to run.
    Wakelocks kill the battery so look into wakelock detector and see what is keeping your phone awake.
    Then use wakelock terminator to fix the issues, there are other apps that will do the same.
    Cleaner and ram booster do the same things and it wont stop apps from keeping your phone awake.
    There is an extended battery that can be used without extended back plates.
    Look up TQTHL 4500mah on ebay, my TQTHL 3850mah has done 140+hours with 8hour SOT and 5hours remain.
    02-15-2015 09:12 PM
    Is there an alternate way to solve this issue without rooting the phone?
    I was actually considering purchasing a higher mah battery
    02-15-2015 09:17 PM
    I use cleaner apps and ram boosters frequently to ensure maximum capacity of the entire phone (performance, battery etc).
    Actually, unless it's a Windows phone, that's doing exactly the opposite of what you wnt. Android wants as much RAM in use as possible. "clearing" an app out of RAM - that Android wants in RAM - causes Android to reload it, using more battery. The cleaner app removes it again. Android loads it again. That can kill a battery quickly. (Not to mention that the app used battery just by running, and that's battery you don't need being used.)

Read Multitasking the Android Way. Always assume that the person who wrote the software knows what she (in this case) wrote better than some "developer" who doesn't. (And one company in particular, that has about the most popular "RAM cleaner" app, has a lot of apps that do things Android doesn't work well with - the company shouts "we don't understand Android, but we can write apps" with every app.)
    02-16-2015 12:41 AM
    Stock you are only able to disable just a hair of what you can actually delete if you were rooted.
    Things like wakelock are only really able to be controlled if you are rooted.
    Rooting shouldn't scare you if you are worried about warranty, I sent my rooted phone and had no problems.
    Towel Root is easy and you will have root in about 5 seconds.
    That's just the beginning though and you will need to pick a superuser app to allow other apps to get root.
    Then the fun begins with apps using root to modify your phone to your liking.
    02-16-2015 12:41 AM
    Ahhh thanks for the advice!!
    02-16-2015 09:22 PM