Is there an easy way to import Facebook birthdays into Google contacts?

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Import Facebook birthdays into Google contacts

Does anyone know if there is a way to easily import Facebook birthdays into Google contacts? For some time, I've been displaying Facebook birthdays as an additional calendar in Google Calendar, but I find that this calendar periodically goes away (maybe Facebook changes the URL every so often? Who knows..) and I figure the easiest way to do this is to add the birthday info for each of my Google contacts (especially now that Google Calendar and Google Calendar for Android have a built-in Birthdays calendar that draws from your Google contacts).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Import Facebook birthdays into Google contacts

I believe that's an option in the Facebook app. However, the option syncs the entire calendar, not just Birthdays... (For me it's under my device's Settings, Accounts, Facebook, select your account, SYNC CALENDAR).

Or you can use HaxSync. I used that before Facebook started getting more integrated and I do believe that app can import only birthdays, but I'm not certain of that last bit as I used it for contact pictures.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I believe that's an option in the Facebook app. However, the option syncs the entire calendar, not just Birthdays... (For me it's under my device's Settings, Accounts, Facebook, select your account, SYNC CALENDAR).

Or you can use HaxSync. I used that before Facebook started getting more integrated and I do believe that app can import only birthdays, but I'm not certain of that last bit as I used it for contact pictures.

Thanks for the response. Actually, what I'm trying to do is avoid going through Facebook at all. Google now has a dedicated Birthdays calendar that displays birthdays from Google+ and Google contacts. So, what I'd like to do is just copy en masse all the birthdays from Facebook into my Google contacts. For the time being, I have imported Facebook birthdays into Google calendars, but eventually I'd like to stop reliance on Facebook entirely.

I checked out Haxsync and do see the option to sync brithdays, but I suspect this also creates a new calendar, rather than just bring over Facebook birthdays into my Google contacts. I've selected the option though and will give it a try!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Nope, it has the option to add just the Birthday to your contacts directly (I know because I ended up with TWO birthday entries, the contact, and the Facebook event).

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Nope, it has the option to add just the Birthday to your contacts directly (I know because I ended up with TWO birthday entries, the contact, and the Facebook event).

Ah yes! You're right! They're synced now! Excellent. Thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay