Hi all,

I've just had a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos brought from China but it is failing to install most Google Apps. It has some Chinese language apps like "baidu" which I have failed to set English as the Language.

I can't install "Google Accounts" and therefore can't run gmail to synch my contacts from the Gmail account. (Note: I previously had a Galaxy Note3 and set Gmail and the default account for all phone contacts)

I have failed to install (and run) the google play store either.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    02-16-2015 11:15 AM
    Hi all,

I've just had a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos brought from China but it is failing to install most Google Apps. It has some Chinese language apps like "baidu" which I have failed to set English as the Language.

I can't install "Google Accounts" and therefore can't run gmail to synch my contacts from the Gmail account. (Note: I previously had a Galaxy Note3 and set Gmail and the default account for all phone contacts)

I have failed to install (and run) the google play store either.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    It's likely due to the device being region locked. Have you contacted the retailer or Samsung to see how you can unlock it for use in your current region?
    02-16-2015 08:18 PM
    Also, many Chinese devices just can't run Google apps or set up a Google account. They're not designed to. (The manufacturer has to pay to be able to put that ability into the phone, and if you're making a cheap phone, that's one of the things you don't put in it.)
    02-16-2015 08:37 PM
    Hi samsung duos
    07-17-2015 03:26 AM