Why didn't I get earbuds with my New Note 4?

A

AC Question

No Earbuds with New Note 4

Why not buy a set of buds online for 6.95 and go enjoy your phones. Or return the phone get your money back and write letters to friends and family about how you were so physically and mentally distraught that you returned the phone because
you were entitled to a set of $6.96 earphones.
Or
Enjoy your great new Samsung and spend 6.95 for buds and quit whining.
Geeze. Who bought you lunch today?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: No Earbuds with New Note 4

Hahaha Well, most people just read the reviews and figure: hey! MY phone didn't ship with earbuds! I'm being ripped off! But they don't see (or don't want to see) the fact that their units are actually a lot less expensive than the ones that did ship with earbuds (and the earbuds, like you say, are not the cheapest but still not even close to the difference), so they're actually getting a better deal.

But oh, well!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Actually, the earbuds that come with most phones are the ones you can get on eBay for $1 or less (we used to pay about 69 cents for them wholesale around 15 years ago). So paying more than $1 extra to get the phone with the stock earbuds is a total ripoff.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Hahaha Well, most people just read the reviews and figure: hey! MY phone didn't ship with earbuds! I'm being ripped off! But they don't see (or don't want to see) the fact that their units are actually a lot less expensive than the ones that did ship with earbuds (and the earbuds, like you say, are not the cheapest but still not even close to the difference), so they're actually getting a better deal.

But oh, well!

I really don't care about the earbuds, but, I have to disagree about the price of the unit being "a lot less expensive than the ones that did ship with earbuds".

Those of us on at&t paid significantly more for our Note 4 than, say, T-Mobile. If I remember correctly, the T-Mobile units did ship with the earbuds.

As I said, I don't care about the earbuds, since I have plenty of them, as well as headphones.

I love my Note 4, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a Note 5) and the coverage I get with at&t. ☺

Posted via the Android Central App on my bodaciously awesome Note 4!