Since 4.20.651.10 upgrade, the Power Saver On notification comes up on the lock screen with the rest of the notifications--email, text messages, etc. How can I turn off while keeping the other notifications on the lock screen?
    02-17-2015 09:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone?
    02-19-2015 02:02 AM
    HTC One M8
    02-20-2015 08:12 AM
    Is that the Lollipop update?
    02-20-2015 10:25 AM
    Yeah, but it doesn't do the full on, new screen look thing that it does on newer devices. (my phone is about a year old. Hardware 0005) One of the "improvements" is notifications on the lock screen, which is great for email, text, etc. But I don't need the "power saver on" in a bar across the lock screen!
    02-20-2015 01:37 PM
    You could try turning on Priority Notifications, then select each app that you would want to have notifications from. That would presumably prevent whichever system app that's responsible for Power Saver from giving you its notification.
    02-20-2015 04:18 PM
    I have tried that by pressing and holding the notification and then turning priority notification for the power app off. Didn't work repeatedly. Then, I did it and restarted and it worked 2 or 3 times now it's back and the "switch" still says it's "off." The only thing that works is the "when device is locked" tab under "sound and notifications" the choices are show all or show none. Showing none does the trick but is less than helpful! ;-) There is no "priority notifications" that leads to a list of apps under "sound and notifications." Am I missing it elsewhere? Thanks!
    02-21-2015 10:05 AM
    My Nexus 5 has an option for "Hide sensitive notification content" in the "When device is locked" menu. You don't have that?
    02-21-2015 06:01 PM
    No. the only options under notifications are Flash Notifications, App Light Notifications,
    App Notifications, When Device is Locked, and Notification Access. I've tried a bunch of combinations of turning off the notifications in the When Device is Locked (it's all or nothing) and turning on priority notifications for email and text messages to get them back onto the lock screen, but that doesn't work. The only way I can find to get to the power priority setting is to press and hold the notification on the lock screen, and even so, the notification button is OFF. The only thing that works is turning off all notifications on the lock screen but as I've said, that's less than helpful. I'm resigning myself to the fact that this must be another glitch
    02-23-2015 08:48 AM
    I have the same thing on an HTC One M7...super annoying. I've been waiting since I got this phone for better notifications and this is ruining it. Even worse is that if you hit the X on the notification it turns off power saving mode completely which I already did a couple times by accident just trying to dismiss the notification. I found another post somewhere else that suggested killing the power app completely under settings->apps->all applications but they couldn't confirm whether this would have any other implications and it resets at reboot anyway so that doesn't seem like a viable solution.
    03-10-2015 08:22 AM
    I found an app on play store called Power Saver Disable (htc) that did the trick for me. No more notification on lock screen or top bar and power saver still working :-)
    04-03-2015 09:40 AM
    Search for Power Dashboard Widget in Settings > App > All and uncheck Show notifications.
    05-14-2015 12:41 PM
    Did you have Battery Doctor installed? It may be a utility that comes with that app. I uninstalled and reinstalled and didn't re-activate that part of the app.
    11-30-2015 09:58 AM