Model number, Android version, Baseband version, Kernel version and Build number. Which of these is important when flashing a ROM or ZIP in my android phone to make sure it doesn't brick it?
    02-17-2015 10:30 AM
    Check that the size listed on the website you downloaded the file from is the same on your disk, manyt times it happens that chrome completes the download but the download is incomplete and corrupted. which results in bricked devices and read the description of the rom to make sure that is has no bugs and is designed specially for your device
    Dulley likes this.
    02-27-2015 05:00 AM
    Make sure it's written for your model phone for your country and carrier. Make sure other people are using it and aren't reporting bugs. Make sure there's an MD5 or SHA1 listed on the site and check it after you download the file.

And make sure you want the ROM. Does it have something the stock ROM doesn't, and everything in the stock ROM that you want? Or are you just looking to be able to say that you're running a non-stock ROM? (That's a pretty poor reason for voiding the warranty - which every manufacturer but HTC will do if you flash a ROM to the phone.)

Baseband version and kernel number aren't related - I'm running an older NC2 kernel in my Note 3 (an old 4.4.2) but an NL1 baseband (4.4.4) because it gives me a little better signal. (The baseband is the modem - the radio's firmware.) The build number? That can be whatever the ROM developer wants it to say - it doesn't mean anything other than in stock ROMs.

The only things that are important are that it's for your phone, it has no bugs (or minor ones you can live with) and that you got a good download. And that you're not voiding the warranty "just because".
    Dulley likes this.
    03-20-2015 11:49 PM