Hello,

I bought a used phone off of a seller on Amazon around early January 2015. Last night I went to set the alarm on my phone when I came across a screen by "Team Win Recoveyr Project." I think the previous owner might have installed it.
    I tried to search for a solution on getting rid of the program (I can't access anything at the moment...) but I haven't come up with anything; most of them are either specific to phones such as Samsung Galaxy S3 or Nexus phones.
    My phone is an LG G3.

Does anyone know how to remove it? I contacted the seller today, because when I went to the electronic store nearby they told me it could be a scam.

I'm getting desperate... I invested a lot of money into this phone and the last thing I want is for it to be unusable because of a program that was activated overnight.
    (I didn't install anything remotely related to the Team Win Recovery Project since buying this phone).

I'd seriously appreciate all help. Thank you for your time.
    02-17-2015 02:06 PM
    If the phone is rooted and has this custom recovery on it then the only way back to stock is to find and follow the carrier/region specific instructions for your variant of the LG G3 to restore to factory stock.
    02-17-2015 03:06 PM
    Which I wouldn't do - TWRP is a better recovery than any of the stock recoveries. People for whose phone there is no TWRP (or CWM) are begging for it to be ported to that phone.

It's not a program, it's the system running in the recovery partition on the phone. You can do a full data backup if you think something you're about to do may cause a problem. Then, if it does, you boot to recovery and restore the backup. Instant no more problem. I wouldn't want to run a phone without that ability (and stock Android doesn't give it to you). Even if you're not going to fool around with the phone, if anything goes bad and memory has to be wiped for the repair, having a data partition backup means 5 minutes to your old phone, exactly the way you had it. No backing up apps, texts, pictures, etc., you back it all up in one shot. Restore it all in one shot too.
    02-17-2015 05:02 PM
    Well, the device was rooted. TWRP is a well known recovery (basically like having Carroll Shelby work on your car engine), I use it myself. Like Rukbat said, a custom recovery is more often than not better than stock. However, if you can't reboot the device by clicking reboot, then what Paul said is probably the best course of action.

From an AOSP M8
    02-17-2015 10:50 PM