I have been a Verizon customer for 14+ years......sadly I am now fed up.....and ti have 9 months to go on my 2 yr contract. The straw that broke the proverbial back was a recent trip to Mexico. I did all the right things before hand.....crossing all my t's and dotting the i's only to have them change the game when I arrived.....despite my almost "anal" preliminary work.

Big red is overcharging me significantly for their own ineptitude......and I have spent hours trying to explain my predicament way up the food chain....I'm pissed and I want to leave....immediately.....I don't care about the early termination fee.....if I choose not to pay it.....I'm OK. I don't rely on credit cards.....I use only debit cards for the last 15 years....own my home and cars etc......so they can't hurt me.

What I want to know...my wife and I both have Galaxy Note 3's.....apparently they are unlocked.....is there any way to verify that?

If they are indeed unlocked can I drop Verizon......and signup for Straight Talk......or will they catch it as their carrier is Verizon?

Appreciate any insight.....thank you.

Michael
    02-18-2015 01:03 AM
    Sorry for your predicament. Just so you know there are other mobile carriers that will pay for you to break your contract and not have it go into collections. (Sprint and T-Mobile) Sorry I can't be of any further help.
    02-18-2015 02:33 PM
    Thanks Tanya! No, I don't want to be tied to a contract( Sprint ) or a less than desirable carrier in my area ( T-Mobile ).

To clarify, this is what I want to know:

1. Is my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 device unlocked. If not, how can I unlock it, as I am still under contract for another 9 months

2. If I subsequently signed up for Straight Talk prepaid( which is a Verizon MVNO via Tracfone ), would Verizon post paid know
    I did that?

3. Or could I signup for Cricket ( GSM/At&T ) if my Note 3 were unlocked

Thanks to all!
    02-18-2015 03:00 PM