I have a large music library, which is expanding by each week. Currently it's ~ 120 GB and I would love to be able to bring the whole shebang with me on a phone. This means I need a phone that supports a 128-SD card and has some internal memory as well.

I bought a Lumia phone last year, but ended up with a hardware or software that did not work very well. The Lumia phone and it's inbuilt music player have a really difficult time handling a large library like I have, it seems. I can't get it to work and I get no way near a solution when contacting the support over att Nokia/Microsoft.

So now I wonder if there are phones that will be able to cooperate with me if I tell it to read 13k songs or is this doomed no matter what phone I buy?

I was looking at a LG G3 phone. Do you think this will work or will I just throw my money down the river?
    02-18-2015 08:21 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. After the card is formatted, you won't have 128GB of space. Closer to 119GB.

A look at Sandisk's 128GB micro SDXC card | Android Central
    02-18-2015 08:58 AM
    Try installing third party music players, something like "folder player", it's much more easy to handle the music you have.
    02-18-2015 09:09 AM
    Thank you.

Yeah, I know I won't be able to use all the 128GB, that's why I wrote I need some internal memory as well.
    02-18-2015 09:13 AM
    I tried to install a lot of other music apps, but they were having issues as well, so I don't think I will be able to make it work with my current phone. The question is if I can make it work with a more powerful or better optimized phone?
    02-18-2015 09:15 AM
    Definitely a Galaxy Note 4. It has a pretty good earphones audio quality but the mono speaker is actually wrong positioned (should be at front).

It has 32GB + SD card slot. It's actually a win.

Otherwise, the HTC One (M8) should suit you well. You better buy the 32GB storage though. It has boomspeaker and it's the best music experience you can ever get.

Not that the LG G3 is bad but I found it to be a bit laggy (at least for me)

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 09:19 AM
    Thanks for your reply, JackMerson.

You know for a fact that the two phones you recommend will work with want I want them to do?

I will probably look for the HTC. The Galaxy Note is a little too expensive I think. I can't find that particular HTC phone as a 32 GB though. Maybe it's not available worldwide?
    02-18-2015 09:44 AM
    Thanks for your reply, JackMerson.

You know for a fact that the two phones you recommend will work with want I want them to do?

I will probably look for the HTC. The Galaxy Note is a little too expensive I think. I can't find that particular HTC phone as a 32 GB though. Maybe it's not available worldwide?
    I used a Note 4 and I can guarantee you it's really good (though it's indeed a bit expensive). I have tried the HTC One M8 and it blew.my.mind.
    The One M8 was said to be available in 32GB though probably limited indeed.

I could recommend you the Oppo Find 7 (QHD version as it has 32GB) but the audio quality was said to be not so good and it's harder to find.

Maybe an LG G3 will do well for you indeed as long as you can find the 32GB version!

Side note : I believe that you would want the best audio experience with/without earphones as you would probably often listen to many songs (more than 100GB of songs is insane!), which is why I recommend you some of those phones.

Attached Thumbnails Best phone for a large music library?-screenshot_2015-02-18-22-54-55.jpg  
    02-18-2015 09:58 AM
    I used a Note 4 and I can guarantee you it's really good (though it's indeed a bit expensive). I have tried the HTC One M8 and it blew.my.mind.
    The One M8 was said to be available in 32GB though probably limited indeed.

I could recommend you the Oppo Find 7 (QHD version as it has 32GB) but the audio quality was said to be not so good and it's harder to find.

Maybe an LG G3 will do well for you indeed as long as you can find the 32GB version!

Side note : I believe that you would want the best audio experience with/without earphones as you would probably often listen to many songs (more than 100GB of songs is insane!), which is why I recommend you some of those phones.

Thank you very much for your help! This is very helpful indeed. I think I might give the LG a chance after all. I feel most comfortable starting with the cheapest phone, in case things won't go well. I'm also not very careful with my phones, so I don't want to put too much money into this. I'm okay with a bit of laggyness. Any option will probably feel alright, compared to what I use right now.

Thanks again!
    02-18-2015 10:17 AM
    Thank you very much for your help! This is very helpful indeed. I think I might give the LG a chance after all. I feel most comfortable starting with the cheapest phone, in case things won't go well. I'm also not very careful with my phones, so I don't want to put too much money into this. I'm okay with a bit of laggyness. Any option will probably feel alright, compared to what I use right now.

Thanks again!
    No problem! I hope you will enjoy with whatever your phone you will have.

02-18-2015 10:30 AM