Since the update to lollipop on my nexus 5 i cant seem to create albums on the photo app.

I read everywhere about the gallery app, as most people say to use it to create the albums... but it is not installed on my phone since the update and i do not wish to have multiple picture apps.

Can anyone help me out with this situation? it kinda sucks not being able to create albums...
    02-18-2015 01:00 PM
    You could install a third-party gallery-style app from the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 01:47 PM
    With file manager, try to create another catalog in your current dataStorage/DCIM
    (in the same catalog where is your pictures catalog)
    02-18-2015 04:42 PM
    I have spent hours trying to figure out how to create albums on my Nexus 5 and this is what I have pieced together from other responses and brute force trial and error
    In order to create albums in Android 5/Lollipop without loading a 3rd party app you need to 1) be logged into your Google+ account and 2) have your photos backed up to Google Drive. No Google+, no albums.

At this point you can open the Photos app, open the menu (three bar icon upper left) and select albums from the list. All of your individual photos will be shown in a series of 'albums' by date. You open an album and select one or more photos with a long press on the photo and magically the album icon (little mountain scene) appears on the upper right of the task bar. You can create a new album or add photos to an existing album.

I haven't worked out an efficient way to use this and don't like that I am forced to upload to the cloud. Basically this app stinks from an ease of use standpoint.

I hope this helps.
    02-23-2015 08:51 PM