Found one answer that still requires selecting each and every email. I would like a select all or other means to delete multiple emails. Thanks
    Deborah Serrano likes this.
    02-18-2015 03:08 PM
    On a gmail account? GMail. Selext all (the box above the first mail's box). Delete. It'll delete the entire page. It's okay for a couple of hundred emails, but for thousands, run Thunderbird on your PC, select the All Mail folder for the account, select an email (so the cursor is in the list), type Ctrl-A to select all, hit the Delete key and go for dinner. (It'll take a long time to delete thousands of emails - I know, I've done it.)

I don't know of an Android email app that will do all of them at once.without selecting each one individually. (You can empty Trash, but not other folders.)

You might also want to look at setting up filters at Gmail, so you don't have so much trash to delete. Select a spam email, click More, click the Filter line t the bottom and go from there - it's pretty self-evident. (Click the bottom checkbox on the second page to delete all the emails you already have that match that subject or that sender.)
    Deborah Serrano likes this.
    02-18-2015 04:02 PM