Hey guys, I recently got a Galaxy A3 SM-A300H/DS from Bangladesh, but I kinda firmly pressed the screen a bit hard and the screen cracked (The display is now like a jigsaw puzzle). So my question is are SUPER AMOLEDs sensitive than normal LCDs? And did anyone else have this problem? Or with any other Samsung phone with super amoled like the S5?

Currently it's in the samsung service right now but if you can please give me advice on how to take extra care of the screen. I even had a screen protector on it.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk
    02-19-2015 09:35 AM
    I think it was a fluke. So which broke the digitizer/glass that you touch, or the amoled/display? The digitizer/glass should be Corning's Gorilla glass, which is some of the best device glass on the market. If that broke it was truly a fluke if all you did was touch the screen. As for the amoled display its self I'd say that was a fluke as well. These devices are packed together tightly to prevent flexing, except for the iPhone 6, and prevent movement that could cause such damage. I would say that unless something is wrong with the case its self you shouldn't have any issue with caring for your device just as you would any other.

Sorry for the iPhone poke but this is an android forum after all...
    02-19-2015 09:48 AM
    I think it was a fluke. So which broke the digitizer/glass that you touch, or the amoled/display? The digitizer/glass should be Corning's Gorilla glass, which is some of the best device glass on the market. If that broke it was truly a fluke if all you did was touch the screen. As for the amoled display its self I'd say that was a fluke as well. These devices are packed together tightly to prevent flexing, except for the iPhone 6, and prevent movement that could cause such damage. I would say that unless something is wrong with the case its self you shouldn't have any issue with caring for your device just as you would any other.

Sorry for the iPhone poke but this is an android forum after all...
    Thanks for your reply, I don't really know how to describe what happened, and also I didn't take a pic when it happened so I can show you guys, but here is an example of what I'm trying to say:

Galaxy A3 broken literally 2 hours after I got it-129214d1406244576t-broken-galaxy-s4-9bpyptu.png

I know it's not the A3 but my screen is like this (actually looks way worse than this) but the glass is not broken, like you see in the pic near the home button. I can operate it normally but the display is screwed so I can't see anything.
    02-19-2015 09:57 AM
    That is odd that your display would be damaged like that, and I would say that barring getting overheated during charging, or for some other reason, or being dropped, damage like this is rare. Actually if your damage liked like this I would say that you had a defective Amoled display and your feeling that it was due to you operating the device was coincidental. I'd just monitor how warm it's getting during charging just to be sure that it wasn't caused by an overheating problem.

GL with your next device.
    anon(9079016) likes this.
    02-19-2015 02:02 PM
    That's the LCD layer, and it shouldn't have happened from normal use. But enough pressure will pop it. That's why I use an Otterbox Defender on my phone. (I cringe when I see kids carrying their phones in their back pockets. Don't then ever sit down and forget to take the phone out first?)
    anon(9079016) likes this.
    02-19-2015 05:09 PM
    That's the LCD layer, and it shouldn't have happened from normal use. But enough pressure will pop it. That's why I use an Otterbox Defender on my phone. (I cringe when I see kids carrying their phones in their back pockets. Don't then ever sit down and forget to take the phone out first?)
    That is odd that your display would be damaged like that, and I would say that barring getting overheated during charging, or for some other reason, or being dropped, damage like this is rare. Actually if your damage liked like this I would say that you had a defective Amoled display and your feeling that it was due to you operating the device was coincidental. I'd just monitor how warm it's getting during charging just to be sure that it wasn't caused by an overheating problem.

GL with your next device.
    Thanks both of you for your help and support for this, especially since the A3 is a very new device I'm not that strong myself, but I put a bit pressure on the screen and i heard a tiny pop sound then this happened. So you were right about this I suppose.

Currently as I said it's in Samsung Service Centre right now so I might either get the screen changed or a whole new replacement. Whichever one it is I will update you guys then.

Thanks again for your support
    VidJunky likes this.
    02-20-2015 01:54 AM