How do I transfer data from my Galaxy S3, the screen is broke and cannot see anything?

A

AC Question

How do I transfer data from Galaxy S3, the screen is broke and cannot see anything

My screen is broken, and I guess the digitzier is broken too, there is no pixels, no graphics, but phone does start, and light up the bottom buttons, and the sound works,

There is a password lock at the lock screen to draw a design, I have tried Kies but says phone is locked, I have tried pluggin in a mouse to S3 but cannot see mouse or anything else on screen,

Any suggestions, I dont know anyone with an s3, so trading motherboards is out, thanks for any suggestions

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I transfer data from Galaxy S3, the screen is broke and cannot see anything

I wonder if you can go to the Play.Google.com on your computer and install SideSync on both the computer and your S3. Here is the link to that app-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.sidesync30

If the digitizer is broken SideSync still may allow you to see the S3 screen on your computer???
You should be able to push the SideSync app from the playstore to the S3 and complete all of the install process all from the computer.

As far as the lockscreen with a pattern lock I have no suggestion except to keep trying to guess/remember that pattern.