Is there a video camera app that will record simultaneous touch screen input?

A

AC Question

I need a video camera app that will record simultaneous touch screen input.

Hi, I am a high school driver ed. instructor. I need someone to make an app that students in the back seat can use to record video of the road ahead but at the same time they could tap the screen to mark hazards. The video would then be reviewed and discussed after the drive. Free is best since we are a public school. Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need a video camera app that will record simultaneous touch screen input.

You could try contacting the developers of the 3 apps at 3 Dash Cam Apps For Android, Compared: Which One Can Protect You Best? (email information is at the bottom of every Play Store page) and ask if they can add a "make a comment here" button, although the second one's paid version ($2.79 - not much for even a teacher to buy for the school) lets you capture snapshots, which may be enough for your purpose. Come to a dangerous intersection, or a dangerous curve and snap a picture. The GPS information will tell you where it is, even if no one remembers the exact location.

ManOfLeisure

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: I need a video camera app that will record simultaneous touch screen input.

Thanks Rukbat. But the idea is that I'm looking for a backseat activity to engage the kids that are not driving rather than a device to record the drive. I want the touchscreen input to make a circle in that location when tapped while recording video. It seems simple enough but I have not been able to find that feature on any camera apps.