How do I stop emails I delete from Note 4 from being deleted from my home computer?

A

AC Question

I have not been able to figure this out so I am hoping someone here will be able to help. I have a gmail account and an apple email account both on my Note 4. Whenever I delete an email from the phone, it automatically deletes it from my home computer too. This is a problem. Even if the email has been opened on my computer it still disappears as soon as I delete it off the Note 4. This never happened when I had my iPhone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Your email app on your phone is synced with your email provider. So if you delete an email on your phone's email app, it will delete the email on the server.

If the email is important to you, just leave it alone on the phone. Or better yet, move it to some specific email folder you created.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Your email account is set up as IMAP - that's for multiple devices to read emails on the same account. If you set it up as a POP3 account (and set the app and the program to leave emails on the server, or to not delete them from the server), you can delete an email on one and it'll still be on the other - because the emails are kept on the device. With an IMAP account, the emails are kept on the server, sso when you delete an email it's deleted from the server.

An iPhone connected to an IMAP account will work the same way. (It better, or it's not working according to RFC 3501, which specifies how IMAP works.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc