I have a S4 that works fine, the colors of the screen are good and the black color is real black, but I got another S4 that, when the brightness is set to less than 50%, the black color of the background (for example the background of Settings menu) changes to a tone where looks more like a obscure gray, but strangely the black color of the notification bar is still real black, and when I slide down the bar to a 30% of the screen, the "obscure gray" turns now into a real black. The other issue is with the colors, because again, with the brightness set less of the 50%, all the colors, including the notification bar ones, gets a very tiny green tone.
    Now here is the thing: I took a screenshot with 0% of brightness where the gray is very visible, and another screenshot with 50% where the gray now is black. I checked the screenshots in another device and in my computer, and for my surprise, both backgrounds looks real black.
    So the problem is the screen of that S4, but I still not understanding why it has a "preference" in certain areas, why the black of the notification bar is never affected by this issue? why just some black colors are affected? Maybe the black of the notification bar is not actually a black color but an total absence of color?
    02-20-2015 02:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If the screenshots look the same, then it is presumably something defective with the screen, or perhaps with the screen connection. Is this S4 under warranty, or did you get it used?
    02-20-2015 11:21 AM