Why did the Easy Battery Saver app vanish from the playstore?

A

AC Question

I use a battery-saving app called Easy Battery Saver, Symbol is an Android figure with a lightning bolt. This has been my default android app for two years and I am very happy with it. Recently I noticed that this app was not getting any updates. So I went into Google Play and tried to enter the app page and couldn't find it. It simply was not there. I then opened the app, and tried to update from there. A blank white Google Play page came up and on it was written "Item not found"

It seems that this app which was rated 4.6, had over 50 million downloads has simply disappeared from the Playstore. So now I am totally mystified. How? Why? I was wondering if anybody here knows anything.

Also, since now the app won't be getting updates anymore, could you recommend a really good battery saver? This app was really good I could get 2 days usage from my phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems that this app which was rated 4.6, had over 50 million downloads has simply disappeared from the Playstore. So now I am totally mystified. How? Why?
Could be the developer didn't want to further support the application and had Google remove it to avoid constant emails/questions about further support or updates. Maybe if you look under Settings/Help on the app there is a contact for the developer to get a better answer.

I doubt an application that had that many downloads and history on the Google Play Store would of all the sudden been subjected to reasons for wrong doing to be removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol