I ran out of room on my phone so I bought a 64 GB Samsung SD card for my S4. After I moved the pictures and videos to the SD card, I can not open some of them to be viewed. Also none of them now appear in the Gallery but there still seems to be a shadow file from the pictures I moved. Before moving files to the SD card, I copied them all to my computer for a backup. If I copy an unviewable picture from my computer to the SD card it still doesn't open. If I first copy it back to the phone and then move it to the SD card I can view it, but they are no longer in the order I took the pictures.

So my questions are:

1) Is there an easier/better way to do move the pictures and videos to the SD card?
    2) How do I restore chronological order for the pictures and videos?
    3) How do I get them to show up in the Gallery and can I group them in to folders like party, July 4th, etc?

Thanks, Jim
    02-21-2015 12:52 PM
    Since I didn't get any response, I stopped in at my carrier, US Cellular, to see if they could offer any help. Rep didn't know what was going on but suggested I copy my backed up pictures from my computer directly to the SD card in the reader instead of to the SD card in the phone as I had been doing. Didn't make any sense, but I tried it anyway. When I placed the SD card in the reader into the computer, it offered to format the SD card. Only some pictures were viewable, so I thought I had might as well start fresh. Apparently lack of formatting the card was my problem as I could copy the picture files either directly from my computer to the SD card or from my computer to the SD card in my phone and I had good viewable files. It also placed the pictures in chronological order and they were viewable in the Gallery. So all problems solved! I can now sort the pictures into folders I create as I group them together.

Two suggestions for adding an SD card to store pictures:

1) Back up your pictures before you try to move them to the SD card.
    2) Format the SD card. I didn't think I needed to because everything seemed to work when I placed my new SD card in my cellphone and tried to transfer pictures.

Hope this helps, Jim
    02-22-2015 08:37 PM