My contact list is not coming up with phone numbers. I went from a Motorola phone to Samsung Galaxy note 4.
    02-21-2015 02:38 PM
    Go to Google Contacts. Make sure the numbers are there. Sync the phone (Accounts/Google, turn Contacts sync off, then on) and the numbers should appear.

If the numbers aren't at Google Contacts, they weren't Google contacts, so they never synced. Google doesn't sync Phone, Device or SIM contacts. If you still have the Motorola, you can move Phone and/or Device contacts to the SIM card, then restore the SIM card to your Google account (in the menu in Contacts), THEN sync to the cloud, THEN sync the Note 4. If not, you'll have to add them by hand.
    02-21-2015 05:19 PM
    Rukbat's method will work, but with limitations. Be aware that if you save contacts to the SIM for transfer, you will lose any additional contact info such as photos, email or physical addresses, notes, etc. This is because SIM contacts can be names and numbers only, nothing else.

If you have contacts with such additional info saved on the phone but not saved to Google, export those contacts as a .vcf file and import that into your Google (Gmail) contacts online. Then sync contacts to the Note 4 and you're good, with all your contact info intact.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    02-21-2015 05:58 PM