Same problem as others, I can't access recovery mode, I am able to access the Volume down + Home + Power mode but I cant select anything, when I press volume up or down it just goes back to the flashing mode with either the empty battery sign or the samsung model name.

Please help... I don't want to lose anything on my phone. I t was working just 7 hours ago..
    02-21-2015 04:03 PM
    Either the power switch is bad or there's a short (which could be from dirt) in the charging port. There are a few youtube videos about cleaning out the port (the one with the little piece of plastic cut into a tip is about the best). If it's the switch (or, let's hope not, the motherboard), it has to go to the repair shop.

If you don't want to lose anything, make sure everything is always backed up. Replacing a motherboard means replacing the chips that your files are in, so everything not backed up (or on the SD card) is lost. If it has to be repaired, most shops do a factory reset first, just to be sure it's not some rogue app causing the problem (and so that you can't later accuse them of stealing your data) - that also wipes all your files.
    02-21-2015 04:30 PM