I bought a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 about three months ago through AT&T.
    Everything works away from the Ethernet connection.
    When I go into Settings-Connections-MoreNetwork, the ethernet options on the bottom right are grayed out and seems disabled.
    I contacted Samsung Technical support chat, and they seem not to have a clue about the Ethernet options.
    Samsung tech Support told me any options that are grayed out or disabled are done by the ISP (AT&T).
    I then called AT&T tech support they tried to do some troubleshooting but that did not help.
    I went as far as take the tablet to Bestbuy for one of the Samsung's Rep. to have a look, he had it for over an hour and then ask for my email address. he told me he will do some research and if he finds anything, he will get back with me.
    Is there anyone with the same problems, or is there any fix for this.
    02-21-2015 04:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a microUSB Ethernet adapter connected, like this one? http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Origin...cUvbUpU4245109. If not, I would guess that the option stays greyed out until you plug a compatible adapter into your device.
    02-21-2015 06:46 PM
    Yes I got one of those.
    when I also took it to Bestbuy, the Samsung Rep. tried several other Lan\USB ethernet hub.
    still didn't work.
    02-22-2015 12:24 PM
    That's frustrating. It's true that a carrier-branded device may have certain functions disabled--did AT&T ever confirm or deny that they disable that function? Or did they just give you a non-answer? It wouldn't surprise me if they disabled that function--it would make the user more likely to use mobile data (and therefore spend more money with AT&T).
    02-22-2015 07:29 PM
    That's frustrating. It's true that a carrier-branded device may have certain functions disabled--did AT&T ever confirm or deny that they disable that function? Or did they just give you a non-answer? It wouldn't surprise me if they disabled that function--it would make the user more likely to use mobile data (and therefore spend more money with AT&T).
    I have developed the same problem just recently, in conjunction with a nasty RAT-introducing trojan that won't let me log on to my WiFi router *and* grayed out my Eithernet. It's definitely a configuration, and in my case not done by any carrier. I'm American but currently live in Manila, Philippines, and I am not locked into a carrier as I paid cash for my device. My Eithernet worked fine, and then one day it was grayed out.

Can anyone help me find the Ethernet setting? I'm running 6.0.1 on a Samsung Tab S2 SM-T819Y. Thanks!!!
    10-31-2016 02:55 AM