How do I change my form of security without losing all my data? (story inside)

A

AC Question

So some back story: I set the phone down last night for a few minutes, and when I came back the security on the home screen had changed from the connect-the-dots pattern to a pincode. I don't remember setting a pin when I set up the connect the dots, but I have tried all the things I would normally use and so far nothing has worked. I've had the S4 for about a year and it hasn't given me any trouble until now. Recently, the storage has gotten pretty full, but I don't know why that would have anything to do with it. Even more puzzling, when I plug it into my computer it recognizes the device but says there are no files on it which, of course, is simply not true. How do I get around this problem without losing my data?
Thanks for your help!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it to the carrier and they can change the lock screen to None (by working through the USB port.)

For obvious reasons (unlocking a phone someone "found"), we won't give out the details.

It's possible, BTW, that your phone glitched, and wiped everything. That's why everything should always be backed up off the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez