My Samsung S4 Mini turned off on its own, won't charge but is recognized by my laptop, what could have happened?

A

AC Question

My Samsung S4 Mini turned off on its own, won't charge but is recognised by my laptop

I was on my phone whilst charging via the socket early this morning, using a different mini USB charger to the one included in the original purchase. From what I last saw, the phone was on 80%.

Part way through watching a video, the phone turned off without any warning. I thought that maybe it had decided to restart, it has a habit of doing that, and waited a moment but nothing happened.

I've taken the battery out and reinserted it many times, I've blown on the contacts and I've tried factory resetting the phone using the Vol Down, Home and Power button method, the Vol Up and Power button method, the Vol Down and Power method but nothing's happened.

However I've plugged it into my laptop with the mini USB cable included in the original purchase and it's been recognised, making the Window sound and installing some device driver software; it's since said that Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM8) is Ready to Use.

What else can I do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Samsung S4 Mini turned off on its own, won't charge but is recognised by my laptop

Try a new battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

flutequeen

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
My phone did the EXACT same thing. Won't turn on, won't charge, but when I plugged it into the laptop it came with that similar device driver: Forge HS-USB QDLoader (com13)...have no idea what to do. I did take it into a service center and they said my mainboard was dead...but I can't afford to fix it right now. Did you have any luck?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc