How do I disable background data (Tracfone)?

A

AC Question

Disable background data (tracfone)

Android has the option to disable background data. However, on my Tracfone Moto E I cannot find an option to do this. A dropdown menu in the data usage settings screen only shows "auto-sync data" and "mobile hotspots".
Is this the case for all Moto Es, or is it specific to Tracfone? Does anyone know how to disable background data?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Disable background data (tracfone)

Hi, did you try going into Settings, Data, tap the 3dot menu button on the upper right, and then tap restrict background data?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424610068891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424610068891.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4

e602725

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, but that menu only shows "auto-sync data" and "mobile hotspots".

I just found the solution: after booting in safe mode (hold down the power button, then tap-and-hold shutdown), the option "restrict background data" re-appeared in the menu you show. After I disabled background data and rebooted the phone into normal mode, background data was still disabled. The menu is now like the one you show, even after rebooting a couple more times.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, but that menu only shows "auto-sync data" and "mobile hotspots".

I just found the solution: after booting in safe mode (hold down the power button, then tap-and-hold shutdown), the option "restrict background data" re-appeared in the menu you show. After I disabled background data and rebooted the phone into normal mode, background data was still disabled. The menu is now like the one you show, even after rebooting a couple more times.

Oh good! At least now you have it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol