Why my tablet becomes hot when i use wifi or without wifi for a few minutes?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-22-2015 07:39 AM
    There are several possible reasons. Does it get hot no matter what you use it for? A faulty battery seems likely, if so.

02-22-2015 08:40 AM
    There are several possible reasons. Does it get hot no matter what you use it for? A faulty battery seems likely, if so.

no. usually when i use wifi. and sometimes when i watch downloaded videos. it will become extremely hot. what should i do? is it because of ventilation or...?

02-22-2015 11:44 AM
    Use battery monitor widget to monitor battery temps and post a screen shot here

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-23-2015 02:46 PM
    Tablets don't have/need ventilation in common circumstances. While ACTIVELY using WiFi and watching videos can cause your tablet to heat up because of the heightened use of the processor and radios (especially heavy browsing is known to cause some heat), it shouldn't be unbearable. And if it happens with WiFi off or with WiFi on but just during standby, there might be something wrong with the tablet or a rogue app that's just consuming too many resources.

The tablet, however, is protected, and if it reaches a point where the heat might damage the internal components, it automatically shuts off.

Personally I have this tablet and it doesn't get hot. It gets warm when browsing and streaming videos, but nothing that would make me jump or not want to touch it.
    02-23-2015 02:46 PM
    Tablets don't have/need ventilation in common circumstances. While ACTIVELY using WiFi and watching videos can cause your tablet to heat up because of the heightened use of the processor and radios (especially heavy browsing is known to cause some heat), it shouldn't be unbearable. And if it happens with WiFi off or with WiFi on but just during standby, there might be something wrong with the tablet or a rogue app that's just consuming too many resources.

The tablet, however, is protected, and if it reaches a point where the heat might damage the internal components, it automatically shuts off.

Personally I have this tablet and it doesn't get hot. It gets warm when browsing and streaming videos, but nothing that would make me jump or not want to touch it.
    not really hot. yeah it actually warm but i just worry if it will affect the system v.v my tablet will become cool again when i leave it (not using it with or without wifi) so it is normal to get warm actually?

02-24-2015 03:31 AM
    Use battery monitor widget to monitor battery temps and post a screen shot here

i dont know how to use it though heheh

Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5-screenshot_2015-02-24-17-46-15.jpg  
    02-24-2015 03:49 AM
    You need to install the widget and enable monitoring.

02-24-2015 07:50 AM
    not really hot. yeah it actually warm but i just worry if it will affect the system v.v my tablet will become cool again when i leave it (not using it with or without wifi) so it is normal to get warm actually?

Yeah, it is normal for it to get warm. It won't damage your tablet
    02-24-2015 10:11 AM