louis19940317

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Good morning, I hope you can clear this up for me , I have recently bought a note 4 and it came with one of those rapid chargers and I was wondering if it would work on my s4 aswell , obviously without causing damage, also I have been arguing with my brother because he has a s4 mini and I think he swapped chargers with my s4 , so my s4 chargers really slowly ? So my second question is , is there a difference between an s4 mini charger and a s4 charger. Thanks guys

Posted via the Android Central App

wesyates

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Good morning, I hope you can clear this up for me , I have recently bought a note 4 and it came with one of those rapid chargers and I was wondering if it would work on my s4 aswell , obviously without causing damage, also I have been arguing with my brother because he has a s4 mini and I think he swapped chargers with my s4 , so my s4 chargers really slowly ? So my second question is , is there a difference between an s4 mini charger and a s4 charger. Thanks guys

I probably wouldn't. The amperage the charger puts out may be rated more than the S4 and thus would damage the S4. Not to mention, may not allow you to get a replacement if its the cause. Assuming the carrier will provide replacements for hardware issues.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Chargers don't "put out amperage", they provide it. The phone draws as much as it's designed to. (My "charger" is a 5 Volt, 30 Amp power supply with 10 USB connectors. No phone tries to draw 30 Amps. If electricity worked like that, everything in your house would burn out, because your house "puts out" 200 Amps or more.)

Read the labels on the chargers. Look for the Output line. If the output Amps, A or mA is as much as, or more than, the output of the charger that came with the phone, it will work the same. If it's less than the phone is designed to draw, it'll take longer to charge the phone. (The Note 3 comes with a 2 Amp charger. It only draws 1.2 Amps, so any charger that can supply 1.2 Amps or more will charge it in the same time.) All a smaller output charger will do is take longer for the same amount of charge.

(It's the voltage that pushes the electricity through the phone, not the amperage, and all chargers today are nominally 5 Volts.)

But I got my electrical engineering degree from a real university, not from reading false information on the web, so what do I know?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR