How do I get my work wifi back?

A

AC Question

ive lost my work wifi! help!

Ok so let me begin by saying we aren't actually suppose to have works WiFi on our phones so going to IT isn't an option.
I had the WiFi on my phone up until a month ago and I lost it.
Not physically as my phone still sees it but can never connect to it. I have double checked on a Computer that the password is still the same, other colleagues are still connected just my phone that's not.
I have tried forgetting network and re installing. I've tried turning on and off WiFi, I've tried Turing on airplane mode and connect to WiFi. None of that helps.
When I go to the networks screen and manually try to connect it, it says connecting, then stops and says saved, secured with wpa/wpa2
I read a post about making a static ip on my phone, but couldn't figure out what to use as the details under static ip.
Can anybody help me?

wesyates

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: ive lost my work wifi! help!

First, what type of device are you talking about? Phone? Tablet? other Android device?

Have you tried rebooting the wifi ap? It might be caching your hardware (MAC) address and not releasing the DHCP lease as needed.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: ive lost my work wifi! help!

If you're not supposed to be using it, they might have blocked your device's MAC address. There's no way around that, that won't land you in striped pajamas and 3 hots and a cot. (The MAC address has nothing to do with the DHCP client, and there's no "wifi app" - wifi is a device in Linux, and the MAC address isn't cached, it's hard-wired, but there you go. They invent new things every day - even if it's only on worlds with green skies.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae