I have lost my Samsung Galaxy S3. It has all of my music and photos on it and is logged in to all of my social media. I've researched ways to track a missing tablet or android phone, with and without having a pre-installed app on the device for such an occassion as this, however my tablet has no cell service or data and is only connected to the internet when there is a Wifi connection. Is there no way for me to track it unless someone connects it to the internet (assuming it was stolen), or am I just out of luck?

P.S. I just changed my facebook password and used the "log out of all other devices" option. Again, with no internet connection getting to the tablet I don't know if it actually worked, but I'm hoping so. I'm nervous at the thought that some stranger could be reading my messages or getting on my social accounts or looking through my photos.
    02-23-2015 05:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Your best option is to use Android Device Manager and send a remote wipe command. As long as someone hasn't done a factory reset of the phone, it should execute the remote wipe the next time it's connected to the web: https://support.google.com/accounts/.../3265955?hl=en

In the meantime, the very first thing that you do should be to change your Google password. Once you've changed the password, anyone who tries to access your phone will find that it can't access Google services until they sign back in.
    02-23-2015 11:20 AM