S4 Mini not sync apps with facebook - login failed?

A

AC Question

I've restarted my phone, deleted the app and all sorts but I'm still getting this error message about my phone needing to login back into facebook in order to link up with samsung Galaxy, I'm not sure what's going on as before it worked perfectly fine till this morning? I can't get my photo albums on my phone anymore whereas before I had my facebook albums on there, It will only sync contacts that's it! I've removed the account countless of times, removed the app from my facebook web page so I can approve it again however it keeps saying "Login Failed" but my login didn't fail as I am entering my email and password correctly. Anyone have any recommendations?

tracy_weldon

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have been having the same problem since last Thursday evening, have switched phone on & off have uninstalled facebook and reinstalled and still nothing.I go to log in and get as far as Samsung Galaxy has already been autorised, click ok and then say's log in failed, please try later and been trying everyday since Thursday.

Can anyone be of assistance as to why this is happening or help how to fix it.

Thanks

Da13Harris

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same issue (for the past week or so) with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Specifically, the Facebook app works fine and syncs with my contacts. But the "Sync Apps with Facebook" application is unable to sync my calendar or gallery. "Login Failed. Try Again."

pontiacdude

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same problem for a week or so now. I have a Galaxy S4 doing this and so did my wife. Neither of it's could sync our Facebook calendars. I found a solution that worked for both of us. Open the Samsung Apps app and search for a program called SNS Provider. It should already be installed on your phone because it's the Samsung Single Sign On service. There should be an update available. Install the update and try again. The next time you try to login you shouldn't get an error. Good luck! It worked for both my wife and me.

nickbm

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I concur, Hero.

I disable all the Samsung crap as I prefer to use Goolge apps and because of this "Login Failed" when trying to authenticate against this service. Updated all the Samsung side of life including the SNS Provider.

Once update straight in via Single-Sign-On to use Facebook Sync

Cheers
Nick

RedheadedAngie

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
I have the Galaxy S4 and have same issues, I have never had the Samsung Apps on my phone from the day I bought, my spouse got the S3 and has it. I had the Samsung Hub which was discontinued but when that ended I have no access. Phone is not rooted and never uninstalled system apps. Is there s way too get the Samsung Apps or the SNS Provider without this?

Myra Hensley

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This is killing me, and no one seems to have an answer. I too have no access to Samsung or Galaxy apps (Note 3), so I don't see that there's a way to update my SNS server. I've tried everything, even a hard reset. NOTHING works to fix the single sign-on issue. I spent an hour with Samsung tech support, which is the reason I tried (unsuccessfully) a hard reset. Talk about a waste of time and energy.

Does anyone out there know how to solve this issue?

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Looks like samsung does not natively support facebook anymore but requires the stupid facebook app. I had to create asamsung account to update SNS provider. Then trying to add a facebook account just forwards me to google play to install the facebook app. Too bad and too stupid. So I'm giving up and doing without facebook app on my phone. When facebook inserts some sanity into their app, I may reconsider this.

transponsters

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Can someone post a screen shot of what the Samsung Apps app looks like? I don't appear to have it on my phone and tried searching for it in the GooglePlay store, but nothing with that name came up.

I'm having this same issue.

woollers

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm having exactly this problem on my S5 and the "SNS provider" update fix does *NOT* work, because it appears there is no longer any such application available in the Galaxy Apps. So what next?