Is there a product that uses several D batteries to charge a car battery?

A

AC Question

is there a product that uses several D batteries to charge a car battery

a relative said she had a product that uses several D batteries to charge a car battery.
if there is where is it sold and under what product name
thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: is there a product that uses several D batteries to charge a car battery

Welcome to Android Central! This is a forum for Android devices and related subjects, so perhaps you could ask your question on a different site?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: is there a product that uses several D batteries to charge a car battery

Like B. Diddy said, we're all about Android here, so other topics might elude us (personally, I suck at car stuff). But to the best of my knowledge, there are no car battery CHARGERS... there are car battery JUMP-STARTERS, which allow you to give it enough juice to start the car and get the alternator going. Most of the ones I've seen use rechargeable batteries, but there might be older ones that used D batteries. Again, these are only good for a one-charge only, then you recharge them for future use, but they only give a little boost to the battery. It's up to the alternator to fill in the rest.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, since we're talking about cars, you want to get one of the older cars, so that in the event of a flat battery, you can crank-start it. On the Model T Ford, for example, you could switch to the magneto if the battery was flat; a single throw of the crank would start the engine. But they may have stopped making them. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084